In the spring of 1933, twenty two year old Ralston "Fox" Smith started a day camp that became known as Red Raider. Not only did day campers attend Red Raider, but an overnight resident camp evolved during World War II, and eventually accommodated 120 campers and staff during the eight weeks of the summer season. The camp grew from a farmhouse, cattle barn and a few small farm buildings to over forty buildings including six staff residential houses, three barns accommodating one hundred horses, two large indoor riding arenas, a main dining hall and dormitory complex, three craft buildings, a maintenance building, several sleeping cabins, and a score of adirondack shelters, all on 288 acres. Soon, a fall, winter and spring after-school horseback riding program began and averaged more than 500 riders a week throughout the year. (click here to read the complete history.)
Under the new ownership, many updates are planned. To see what's planned, as well as what has been completed, please check out our "What's New" page.
The original two indoor arenas still exist and shine with the new updates. The arenas are connected to allow for ease of use. Both are well-suited for hunter/jumper or dressage riding with soft, well-maintained footing. We also offer an outdoor sand arena.
Boarders enjoy over 3.5 miles of trails, some connected to Silver Creek and West Woods Parks.
We feature many large turnout areas. Horses are turned out 6 days per week, alone or in small groups.
Choose from one of our 46 stalls in two clean and airy barns where your horse will be fed grain twice daily and hay 4 times per day. Stalls are cleaned 6 days per week, and all horses enjoy ample bedding.
To find our more about joining the ever-growing Red Raider Family, please check out our Services page.